I have to say, I am overwhelmed. My inner nerd-overachiever is on hyperdrive. I go to work, I go to school (I still do for some fun courses plus I'm in the process of applying to an MBA program) and I have a full on social life whenever the homework takes a back seat. Oh, yeah. I'm also married.
In this economy, there is a bunch of naysayers to higher education. I dont blame them - going to a private school is not cheap. Im so glad that FIT is part of the State University of New York (FYI. I paid $2500/semester in-state tuition.)
So what overwhelms me? Everything. The never ending job applications that I fill out on the listings I see on the internet, getting my portfolio together, GRE test prep, grad school applications, next semester... it has come to a point that I dont plan anything far in advance because there's. just. too. much. to. do.
I'm not complaining. Just trying to inspire anyone who reads this that IT CAN BE DONE.
|See? I graduated with the highest honors. It can be done!|
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post. Get it from allthingsfadra.com
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.