19 February 2012

Stream of Consciousness Sunday: Fate and Faith


Faith, as in "I have faith that God will provide" is something that is definitely ingrained in my Roman Catholic upbringing - but this does not come into play into my beliefs until fate, as in destiny has taken its initial course.

See the photo above? That's fate. I met my husband in that same park bench before we got married. Scratch that, it's not even in a park. It's on a cobblestoned street in Tribeca in New York City. Click this and scroll to the bottom. That's my "Only in NYC" story. Truth is, if we didn't have faith in each other, this love story wouldn't have a happy ending.

In the course of my crazy life, I have come to the conclusion that fate is the gateway to opportunity - only if you see it as one and grab it once it is there. I even think that the bad things that come to me are fateful until the better stuff comes along - its like job application rejections. You get rejected for the "best jobs ever" until you get a gig that is actually SO MUCH better than the one you initially thought was "the one".

Fate and Faith, in my head is an intertwined complex. I can't believe in one without the other. I take the fate and have the faith to believe that everything will work out fine.

Steve Jobs said it best at his commencement address at Stanford University:
"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."

**********


This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only. 
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.

2 comments: