18 September 2011

Le Grand Fooding and Musings About Live Blogging

My prior posting of Le Grand Fooding Campfire was a total fail as the photos have that crosshatched pattern overlaid on top of it, and i think some of the photos I have posted are utter failures. While I would like to do it over again, for the integrity of what I did, and also as a product review of apps and phone i wont. 

Before I get into the details of my phone and product review, let us relive the grandeur that is Le Grand Fooding.


’Legrandfooding
After handing them a ticket,
I got carded (blue bracelet)
and I got this strip of tickets
so I can claim my food
and wonderful drinks.

The view from outside. Such a classy garden party.

’Legrandfooding_2011
Upon entering you see the chefs hard at work.
Meet Wylie Dufresne, with his team
making Root Beer Ribs with Cherry-kombu Relish.

oh so pretty.

’Legrandfooding_2011


’Legrandfooding_2011
It is soo good!

’Legrandfooding_2011
So good, it substitutes as a smile.

’Legrandfooding_2011
Jameson Westsides from Milk and Honey.
Jameson Irish Whiskey, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup and Mint.

’Legrandfooding_2011
Irish Buck from Dutch Kills in the making.
Jameson Irish Whiskey, Lime Juice, Ginger Syrup, Soda Water.

’Legrandfooding_2011

’Legrandfooding_2011
The team of James Murphy (DFA Records) and
Inaki Aizpitarte (Le Chateaubriand, Paris)

’Legrandfooding_2011
Beef and Chive Salad from James Murphy and Inaki Aizpitarte

’Legrandfooding_2011
Sock-it-to-Fried Chicken by Muhsinah (The Golden Girl, DC)
and Dante Gonzales (Dante Fried Chicken, Los Angeles)

’Legrandfooding_2011
Michel Cluizel Chocolate, Roasted Banana,
Salted Caramel (with Maker's Mark)
and Black Currant Ice Cream from Van Leeuwen

’Legrandfooding_2011
Sondre Lerche also performed.

’Legrandfooding_2011
Me and a plate of ribs (again). Big Smiles.

’Legrandfooding_2011
Cheers! I had a Wonderful time.

Le Grand Fooding is a charity event that has ACTION AGAINST HUNGER / ACF-INTERNATIONAL as their beneficiary.

All photos were taken with the Tmobile MyTouch 4G Slide by HTC. All Photos for this post were downloaded to my computer then uploaded on blogger.

My previous post was a live blogging post via the Blogger App on Android. I like the idea of blogging live, but really - i think i missed some of the goings on while I was blogging at the event. I also dont recommend typing lots of coherent sentences on a small phone keyboard - because it is slow. For me, nothing beats writing on a full keyboard. I am not sure if I will blog live again. It takes me away from the live event - and the point of going to an event is to BE THERE, NOT TO BLOG THERE.

I wish this camera took SHARPER photos and the light sensitivity is better. I wonder if this is an app issue - I was using the camera app that originally came with my phone. 

Kudos the entire event planning team of this event. It was well organized, the food and drinks were amazing did not run out before the event ended and the music really set the mood right!!! See you next year!

It is sad to note that there was a big banner by the DJ Booth that said, RIP DJ Mehdi. DJ Mehdi -- a world famous DJ and music producer who's worked with Daft Punk and Chromeo -- has died after reportedly falling off of a roof, a few days before this event happened.


DJ Mehdi, wherever you are, I'm sure it is a party over there.


No comments:

Post a Comment