01 June 2011

Our Handmade Wedding

365 days ago, Dave and I got married at Roosevelt Island Lighthouse Park. I wanted a wedding that was fun, not formal and very reflective of us. I searched everywhere for invitations and I didn’t find what I liked so I ended up MAKING EVERYTHING MYSELF.

Save the date Cards

Wedding invitations
invitation text was inspired by the song "be my guest"
from the animated film Beauty and the Beast


RSVP Cards
Having a reply deadline stopped me from calling the people who
has not sent in their RSVPs.

Table decor and wedding favor

I picked our wedding favors to be useful at the wedding itself. Again, since it has a theme of its own, I had to source the contents and ask my friends and family help assemble the boxes.

Inside the wedding favors
The items inside the boxes helped our guests *survive* our wedding. 
I have packed bibs and wetnaps because 
we served bbq and roast pig at the reception.

I chose origami flowers over fresh flowers because I didn't want to spend money for things that will last me a couple of hours (and I have allergies). On top of that, I didn't have to do special wedding bouquet and corsage preservation. It will be as fresh as the day my husband and father-in-law folded them. YAY!

My wedding bouquet and corsage

Decorating the aisle with a flowers would have proved to be time consuming and I will have to find pedestals for them. Solution: Paper pinwheels on dowels! They spin with the blowing wind! 

Wedding Ceremony
Photo credit: Angie Dykshorn

Paper pinwheel aisle marker
Photo credit: Sara Markel-Gonzalez

Sweetheart table and backdrop
Photo credit: Angie Dykshorn

Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing. I am happy with how everything turned out. And I am happier that our first 365 days together has been a blast! Here's to the years ahead of us! Cheers!

Thank you cards
Top photo credit: Angie Dykshorn
Bottom photo credit: Carol Colby Tanenbaum 

************
To everyone who shared this special day with us, Thank you.

3 comments: